Friday, January 7, 2011

question...(on the race tip)

These are the moments when I wish I was on a first name basis with one of the ivory tower sociologist, theologian, smart people. Y'all notice the new fashion trend with white folks wearing head wraps?
she's got the wrap with the big bobby pins and everything under there. whoop whoop...

Now, I may be being sensitive (I've been known to look deeper than I should* - occasionally) but why does this get to be cool now? Because it's in a fashion magazine. Prior to that - when black women did it - it was a sign post of the ghetto and poverty...

So the chick coming out of the do.mi.ni.cana spot is now the height of fashion?

Harrumph...

So popular culture can take somthing they previously deemed negative and now make that dough on it...?

WTF.

* I don't actually believe that. I'm making concessions to other peoples shallow beliefs and feelings in 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment